I have connected a few shared network locations on a Windows 10 computer which is not in the domain. Although credentials are saved, seems like Windows not using it, so user must type password after every reboot or sign out. Network folders are on Sharepoint site and are accessed using WebDav protocol.
At first I tried to change Internet settings for Local Intranet Zone:
- Open Control Panel > Internet Properties > Security > Local Intranet tab
- Click on Custom level… and scroll down to the last option User Authentication
- Under the Logon select Automatic logon with current user name and password
But problem still persisted. Because intranet site has periods in the URL, Windows assumes it’s on the Internet.
One registry entry solved the problem:
- Open regedit
- Navigate to following registry entry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\WebClient\Parameters
- Add new Multi-String Value name it AuthForwardServerList
- Modify the key and in the Value data box enter URL of the server that host the site
You can use asterisk (*) charachter as wildcard (e.g. *.example.com or *example.com and also example.* or example*.com).0